Tuesday 7 May 2013

New Forest Spring Fair

Early Sunday morning Jan and I with our friend Barbara took ourselves off to the New Forest Spring Fair. It was a lovely morning and as we set off early we had no traffic or parking problems. It was free to enter and no parking charges. There were 60 trade stands, plenty of things for children to do like face painting and bouncy castles, and demonstrations to watch. 









There were lots of horses on show, ferret racing and dog shows. Altogether a very pleasant way to spend Sunday morning. We did end up spending money as you always do at these places but we were well pleased with what we got.  We spent a long time at one stall where there were lots of wooden carvings. Barbara fell in love with a set of three Giraffes which are now sitting in her conservatory and I bought three cats which are now very at home on my stairs.







 

We also spent ages at a lovely stall which sold beautiful scarves and scarf rings. I spent a bit more there and unbeknown to me Jan was plotting behind my back to buy me a lovely lacy scarf for my birthday, which she arrived with Monday morning.  I was well pleased, thank you Jan.






We didn't go for our normal type of brekkie but we sat in the sun and enjoyed venison sausage in a roll with onions for me and Barbara. Jan had bacon and egg in a bap. All very nice.
 On the way home we passed miles of cars queueing up going the other so we were very glad we went early.  I think there were a few other events going on down that way too.

Well the end of a lovely week-end, we shall look for more of these sort of things to talk about.

More soon.....................Margaret                    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.