Friday 8 August 2014

Marks & Spencers Whiteley

I know this week's blog is way overdue but I cannot believe how quickly this week has gone.  All of a sudden it is Friday, nearly time for next week's outing.  Sorry, all my fault.

This week as it was not a very bright morning we decided to try Marks & Spencers Whiteley breakfast.

This is the view  from our table, as you can see it is a bit miserable.  Why, oh why did they not put a roof on when it was built?

It ws quite nice and bright inside though.  They don't do a huge breakfast range but they do toast with brekkie things on.  We both chose the scrambled eggs with smoked salmon.  I have to admit that I was a bit nervous about this choice as I do like my fish cooked.  But, Jan assured me I would love it.  It looked delicious and Jan said it was delicious. Freshly cooked, nicely presented and we had a nice hot coffee to go with it.  I couldn't help wishing I had gone with the bacon instead of the salmon, shan't listen to Jan again.

All that said it was a nice place to sit and eat and watch the world go by and very good value at £3.95 plus coffee.


Later in the day when the weather cleared up we took a walk around Hook nature reserve.  This time of year there are no horses grazing which makes it a bit easier walking the dogs.



All this yellow stuff is why there are no horses around at the moment.



Took Jessie round to Jan's on Sunday as she really misses seeing Polly all the time.  Polly is a bit wobbly for our longer walks especially when it is so hot so they needed to catch up. Polly and Peggy were very good and let Jessie have a little chew on their marrowbones now and then.





Peggy keeping an eye on Jessie to make sure she doesn't pinch too much.


Well that's all for this week, more soon.....................
Margaret x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.